The increase in the number of online games has been nothing short of staggering in the past few years. As these platforms offer more and more advanced features, their customer base grows exponentially. So, it is normal for these platforms to charge their players for unlocking certain features.
Although most online gaming companies offer free services, they do implement certain payment structures. The three types of online gaming platforms you’ll find include –
- Freemium – Play the game for free but make in-game purchases to unlock special features/prizes
- Pay to play platforms – Gamers have to pay to gain entry into the platform
- Play to win – No or low investment games to get cash prizes if you win. If you’re interested in winning such lucrative prizes, direct to this site.
Online microtransactions are the small payments that you make in exchange for digital items. These types of transactions are extremely common in most console, mobile, PC, and online games.
Apart from ad-revenue, these transactions are the main source of revenue for budding game developers. But, these transactions also oblige developers to tweak their online games, keeping them relevant constantly. You can make an online microtransaction on online gaming platforms via –
- Direct transfers from your bank account
- Credit card payments
- Online wallets
- Some platforms even accept cryptocurrencies
Why Make In-game Purchases?
Most of the non-gaming world cannot understand the importance of making in-game purchases. Visit here to see more about making in-game purchases. With these purchases, players can receive –
- Significant progress points in their game
- Special gift boxes
- Upgrades for in-game characters
- Level-Up Boosts
- Unlock special features
Why Many Online Gaming Platforms Fall Under Scrutiny
Typically, game developers don’t learn about financial authorizations or transactions. Hence, many find themselves new to all the complex financial nomenclature. In the past, several notable institutions have had trouble securing customer data and their financial security. So, online gamers need to take some precautionary steps of their own.
Making Safe Payments on Online Gaming Platforms
- Deal with only trustworthy platforms with a track record of financial transparency
- Avoid clicking on new gaming platforms before researching their profiles
- Share as less info as possible on these platforms
- Use password managers to make your online gaming accounts impenetrable
- If possible, create a separate email address just for gaming
To read more on topics like this, check out the Lifestyle category
Leave a Reply